The Department of Biostatistics is committed to providing educational services in biostatistics and data science in support of VCU’s research goals. The services that the BCL provides contribute to this effort. The following policies must be followed for all BCL sponsored educational activities.
- The BCL will NOT assist in any coursework (e.g. homework, class projects).
- The BCL will NOT assist in any requests that can be considered tutoring for individuals or small groups.
- All education activities will be led by graduate students under the mentorship of senior graduate students and Department of Biostatistics faculty.
- The BCL supervisor retains the right to deny assistance or deprioritize requests based on certain criteria. These criteria include but are not limited to:
- Investigators who violate any part(s) of this policy
- Institutional units (Divisions, Departments, Schools, etc.) that house investigators who routinely violate any part(s) of this policy
- Investigators who over-utilize BCL resources
- Institutional units whose investigators over-utilize BCL resources.